Saturday, September 27, 2008

MY FIRST EXPERIENCES IN BLOGGING

This is my first experiences using blog to doing my assignment in subject Organizational Behaviour For knowledge Management (OBKM) teaching by Mr Gerald Goh in this long trimester. I feel luckily and happy because this was my last blog that I need to do in this subject. In this last blog, Mr Gerald Goh wants us to comments of our experience in blogging this trimester.

I still remember when I came into the OBKM class in first day, where Mr Gerald Goh announced that our assignment must be done it in the blogspot. At that time I feel shock because I didn’t what is the blogspot is. But hopefully my friends Miss Lillian voon has explain it to me, where I needed to create my own blog in www.blogspot.com.

Before I go no, according Google search engine the weblog is a Web site that contains dated text entries in reverse chronological order (most recent first) about a particular topic. They can be written by one person or a group of contributors. Entries contain commentary and links to other Web sites, and images as well as a search facility may be included and may also contain video.

Actually, this is my first time know the blogging so I would not know what is the blogging about? However the first perception on blogging that I know is a kind of sharing the personal detail or information in the Internet same like the personal diary. I have hear the word blogging with my friend when I join them where they all talking very frequent as know it must very popular thing. Example was one of my friend has 5 of the weblog, maybe he very love in sharing he personal information with he friends in weblog. However, now I already know the weblog is, and I will not amuse by my friends again. THANKS to my OBKM lecturer because let us do the assignment in the form of blogging.

Because of first time in blogging, I feel a little stress where my first and second blog need to be re-do back again because the assignment that I done is out of the topic and didn’t meet the theory. Hopefully my OBKM lecturer teaching us how to maintain and manage the stress, so I not to prefer jump because of stress (joking ok).

What do I think of blogging as a form of assignment? Wow this is a good asking question. In my whole life I never done my assignment in weblog when I first came in Multi Media University (MMU). However, I like doing assignment in the weblog. why? Because it was save our paper or resources and our money and time, example was not like others assignment that our lecturer needs us to print out in the form of hardcopy and softcopy before we summit it, where we need to use our money in printing and binding (waste money and time), but softcopy is ok la. Therefore, I think blogging as form of assignment is quite good and interesting and also makes me learn something new thing.

In term of challenges, I think it is not too difficult to me, where is depend on the question or tasks that provide by our lecturer. However, in this time I think is was very hassle (maybe for me only) to do the blog. I was saying that because first and second blog I re-do again maybe I lack of provide the example and experiences compare with others. Some time also I really want to prefer others assignment papers where I only need to do (Introduction, research methodology, recommendation, conclusion and etc). But is time, I need to read others blog to understand their theory and example to make sure that I will not do wrong again in next tasks. And in there, I has learn that I must improve my reading and writing well through the blogging. Beside that, it also has challenges to me because difficulty in upload the picture and video to my blog, but hopefully I applies Holland’s Occupational Choice theory which I need to success in my career I must depend on my-self and Individualism person so I settle it by my-self where I able to upload picture only. And in here I has learn that I need to applies collectivism to know more others knowledge where is suited to my major Knowledge Management and must know more the information and technology well for the future used.

The reflection part is the most difficult part to me, because very times I do the reflection I need to prefer my classmate blog first to understand more clearly what the reflection is about. Besides, Mr. Gerald always told me that i was lack of reflection in my blog. For example in my first blog (values play a pivotal role in KFC restaurant), there was a lot of mistake or my reflection not meet the theories. So in there I was a little stress, which I will lose my marks in there (30% in reflection). But, I have give change to do the better reflection portion in my blog although it might difficult and I want to make all the readers to understand what I am saying about and will not feel bored in my blog when they read through it.

In this blog also, I can applies to one of the theory is called the Johari Window theory, for example, when I blogging I will share my knowledge and tell to my friend about what I am saying, and then I will receive their feedback about my performances. Besides that, I also can be more to contact or interacting with my friends through this weblog, which can increase our relationships also. So blogging is a popular way to sharing knowledge although there was some of them still didn’t know this kind weblog yet.

Last for me, this whole blogging as a form of assignment is really good for both the students and the lecturers. It really saves time, and makes knowledge sharing easier. I think this kind of activities should be more practiced in the university by the lecturers. And lastly, I want thanks to all my OBKM friends in helping me when I have difficulty and Mr Gerald Goh teaching us this trimester. (GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL IN FINAL)





REFERENCES:

1. www.google.com

2. McShane & von Glinow2007, from Organizational Behaviour, McGRAW. HILL INTERNATIONAL EDITION.










6 comments:

digital said...

Nice blog.
Beautiful pictures.
Bravo.

Please visit:

http://success-digitalview.blogspot.com

Good luck

Lillian said...

Who is future zone, huh? Your friend? Or is it an "alien" who accidentally stepped into your blog?

Stress!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt stress when doing my blog and so were you, haha!! Luckily, this is our last assignment!

But i really learn a lot from blogging since we are sharing our knowledge..and i still remember the KFC's incident in your first blog.

Actually, we are learning when we left our comments in peer's blog because we are sharing our thought and minds with others where readers can see a lot of differences in terms of ideas in a same topic and i hope everybody can willingly share his/her knowledge..

Good luck in your final exam!!!

aMRet said...

so i guess stress is over for you hah......
but look at the bright side, u have learned a lot from reading other classmates blogs and improved on your own wants, compared to you first blog. but it's ok,we all are learning. it's a learning process and learning never ends. so i hope you don't just stop here, but continue to write more blogs in future to share you knowledge and ideas with other people to acquire more knowledge and further to improve yourself for the better.

well, that's all and all the best for your finals!!!!

alex said...

THANKS LILLIAN and AMRET for yours comment.

THE future zone is not my friend and i dont know where it is come from?????

Pook said...

to inform tat my blog had change to http://currypook.blogspot.com

from your latest blog, can realized you had improve your blogging skills, and you had share a lot of your experience. it's quite interesting. keep blogging ya. knowlege sharing is power. take care.

SITI NAEMAH said...

hahh..u put stress in ur blog as one of the theory that we've leran in this subject.i agreed with tat and i must be missed out to put in my blog too.i agreed with other u improved in ur others blog compared to the 1st one.this mean u learn form ur mistake and improve this in ur next blog.anyway u did put lot effort in doing your blog!congrates and gud luck!;)